Woodland Post


    Hi, today I have a project to share with you that I am going to enter into the first challenge over on the Silhouette UK blog. The challenge is to use the 'Retro Valentine's Mailbox' which is this week's free shape that is offered at the Silhouette Store. 


    For my make I decided to turn the mailbox into a Woodland themed Post Box. I cut the free mailbox file out of thick white card stock and used my Distress Inks (Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen) and score board to create the Wood Effect background on both main pieces of the mailbox. Before gluing the mailbox together I painted the inside with some Black Acrylic paint. I then glued the box together and started embellishing it. 


    I cut some small envelopes, also with the Silhouette, from some mottled parchment style paper, folded and glued them together before adding some details, such as the address' and acorn stamps. The flowers I have cut from my Silhouette and are actually the '3D Large Mum Flower' and the '3D Lisianthus Flower', which cut out beautifully even this small.  The flowers have been coloured with 'Tattered Rose', Peeled Paint. and Milled Lavender'. I shaped with a ball tool while wet and added some micro beads for the centres. 


    The grasses and wheat were also cut from the Silhouette and coloured with Spectrum Aqua markers. The toadstools are from a Marianne Designs die, which I have also coloured with Spectrum Aqua makers and added some white dots with a gel pen.
    I made a logo for the Mailbox using a deer's head with antlers, also from my Silhouette and a Kanban stamp, which I embossed with Ranger's 'Queens Gold' onto acetate and placed onto the deer's head. The deer was also coloured with the Spectrum Aqua Markers. I made a snail from paper clay and coloured with the Aqua Markers and added Glossy Accents to the shell. I finished the project by adding some buttons (Mouse, Squirrel, Leaves, Ladybird and Owl) which are from my stash. 

I would like to enter this into the following challenges: 

Silhouette UK- Retro Valentine's Mailbox


I hope you like my little Woodland Postbox and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog.
     Sally.x.

Comments

Carole Pollard said…
Wow so much detail this is a stunning project i just love it those envelopes they look so special a great idea love and hugs Carole x
Pamellia said…
Oh my gosh Sally, what a fun project!! I love all the added spring elements, your flowers are gorgeous and that little owl is too sweet! I think the snail is my favourite bit, what amazing details you included! hugs :)
Diane said…
Just a fabulous mail box design Sally, love the owl, squirrel and the fun details.

Hugs Diane