King Of The Jungle


    Hello, today I have a card to share with you that was inspired by the current challenge over at Try it on Tuesday, which is entitled Hot and Wild. For this challenge I was originally going to make a card using an elephant image, but the Design Team samples are stunning and the Lions especially appealed to me, and then with the very sad news recently about Cecil the Lion, I decided to use this image instead in memory of him.
    The Lion image is a wood mounted stamp from Stamps Happen Inc. and has been stamped with London Fog onto Watercolour card and painted with Spectrum Aqua Markers.
    The brown background was made by adding a thin coat of Gesso onto some white card. I then added some brown Water Colour paints to the background before over stamping with a Woodware stamp and 'Brushed Corduroy' Distress Ink.
    The leaves were made by sticking some tissue paper onto some more white card with watered down PVA glue. When the glue had dried I added some 'Peeled Paint' and 'Forest Moss' Distress Ink and sprite with water to blend the colours. I then stamped the leaves with 'Peeled Paint' and the leaf stamps are also from Woodware.
    The flourishes were made with texture paste and the 'Flourish' stencil from Tim Holtz. I then coloured this with 'Peeled Paint' Distress Ink and cut out.
    The 'Roar' sentiment was made with a scrap of the background paper and the Tim Holtz 'Schoolhouse Alphabet' stencil and a black fine liner pen.
    I have also added a scrap of Hessian behind the image, some black card for the layering, bronze brads and some African themed buttons from my stash.
 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Try it on Tuesday- Hot and Wild

Love To Scrap!- Anything Goes

I hope you like this card and thanks for taking the time to visit.
   Sally.x.

Comments

chrissie said…
This is a stunning card with beautiful colours and the wonderful lion

Thank you for joining us at Try it pn Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx
Debra K. said…
Wow, Sally! Your lion looks brilliant, so beautifully painted and the background you've created looks fantastic. It was so sad about Cecil, it's unbelievable that someone wants to kill a wonderful animal like that. I hope he gets a long sentence but he probably won't. Debra x
julie_woolston said…
Wow Sally this is amazing, such a majestic image and fabulous background, love the effects on the leaves you have created, love it hun.
Hugs Julie xxx
sirkkis said…
Gorgeous card. The lion looks so majestic. The background is fine, too. Thank you for sharing the card with us at TioT.
Carole Pollard said…
Sally this painting is amazing when I opened the page I thought it was a printed image your colouring is fabulous Along wit hte perfect design its stunning Love and hugs Carole x
A fantastic card is this!
Thank you for sharing with us at TIOT's!
oxo Susi
Stunning image! Fabulous design and contribute to Cecil. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt
Pamellia said…
Gorgeous!! You are so creative Sally, this is just wonderful! LOVE your tissue paper leaves, what a clever and very effective technique! Your lion has completely blown me away, I thought it was a digital image, what!!!! AWESOME!!! You really knocked it out of the park with this one!

While I'm here I will say Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Hot and Wild' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)
Lillian A said…
Great coloring and this came together very well for that jungle fever! Thank you for your entry into our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.