Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #136- Wings


Hello, today sees the start of a new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Mary is hosting this fortnight and would like to see your creations that includes something with Wings. 

For my card I decided to make a Criss Cross card and I have used an older stamp set from Personal Impressions. I stamped the owl with 'Rich Cocoa' Memento Ink and coloured her with Copic Markers and added a touch of shimmer with a Sakura Stardust pen. I also added some Glossy Accents to the eyes, beak and feet. The paper I have used is from the 'Owls World' paper pad by Joy Crafts. The leafy flourish is also a stamp from the same stamp set and I have used a Hobby Art sentiment on the insert. I finished the card with some glitter,ribbon, gems and clay roses. 


Above is a close up of the insert and below is a picture of just the band that goes around the card.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenge: http://cinspirations.blogspot.co.uk/

I hope you like my take on this weeks challenge. Please stop by the rest of the DT's blogs for some great inspiration. 
     Sally.


Comments

Pamellia said…
Holy cow Sally, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the super unique design with the hinged looking insert, amazing!! I adore that you chose an owl as your focus and your colours are so incredible! Shabby and vintage and I am LOVING this!! big hugs :)
Carole Pollard said…
This is fabulous the shape is amazing but so much to take in all the embellishments are stunning and your colours are perfect Happy aster love and hugs Carole x
Wow I love this, that owl pops off the page and the subtle colours are perfect with it
crafty said…
Love how you have coloured your owl and the criss cross card. I have'nt seen that style before - definitly one I must try. Mary
Debra K. said…
Fantastic card! The owl looks like it's padded with it's brilliant shading. Your crisscross card design is really lovely and has gorgeous papers in it. I keep thinking I'd like to try this style, I hope if I do it would look as great as this. Debra x
julie_woolston said…
Wow Sally this is a stunner, gorgeous design and detail.
Hugs Julie xxx
Kim x said…
This is lovely Sally, as always.
Hugs Kimx
Rebecca said…
Just gorgeous Sally. I love the owl and your design.

Bec xx
Diane said…
How cute, love the darling owl and fun shaped card design.

Hugs diane
Stunning card and you can't help but smile at this cute owl. Must sign up to follow you.
Julie x