Crafty Cardmakers and More Challenge #137- Dots


Hello, today sees the start of the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and more. I will be hosting this fortnights challenge and Dots is the theme.

For my project I have made a birdhouse that holds a little card in the base and also has somewhere to put a small gift or as I have chosen, some Chocolates. The birdhouse itself is a cutting file for my Silhouette that I bought from the Silhouette store, which I cut from 300gsm Kraft card stock. I then adapted the design slightly by adding some tabs to the roof so that the roof could be removed instead of stuck down and added a small card to the box base. I then painted the inside of the house and base of the roof with some brown acrylic paint. The outside of the birdhouse and the post was painted with some white acrylic paint before sponging some of the brown paint through a dotty stencil. When these paints had dried I added some Crackle Medium and another coat of white paint before drying with my heat tool. to reveal the cracks. The base was covered with some dotty green paper from My Minds Eye's 'Bright Dots' paper pad. I then die cut some grasses using a Crafts- Too die from Kraft Card and covered both sides with the dotty paper before adhering around the base and post. The roof used some red and blue dotty paper, also from the same paper pad, which I stuck to the pieces of the roof. I then cut between each scallop to create a bit more dimension.  The bird and branch are cutting files that also came with the birdhouse and the branch has been embossed with a wood effect embossing folder from Provo Craft. The bird and leaves were coloured with Copics. The sentiment stamp is from Hobby Art and has been stamped with Archival ink onto white card. The Blue Titmouse is my first attempt at Needle Felting and has been attached to the house with Pinflair Glue Gel. I have added some more of the grass die cuts to the top of the birdhouse and some Tonic punched flowers, some gems and ladybird and bee buttons from my stash. 


A top view of the roof with all its embellishments.


Inside the birdhouse with the chocolates.


A view of the birdhouse with the roof off and the base removed with the little card inside.


A close up of the card.


A view of the complete birdhouse.

I hope you like my project, please do pop over to the rest of the Design Team's blogs for some fabulous cards and I hope you can play along.
         Sally.

Comments

julie_woolston said…
Wow Sally this is amazing, lo be it.
Hugs Julie xxx
Pamellia said…
Holy cow Sally, what an amazing project!! So many wonderful details to ooh and aah at! Love all the fabulous flowers and of course the birds! Such an amazing project and yummy to boot! hugs :)
Carole Pollard said…
Like it this is just amazing I've been looking at it for ages to take in your fabulous work its beyond wonderful so clever love and hugs Carole x
Wow, wow, wow, love this x
Hi Sally, your little birdhouse is totally adorable and I love how it has the hidden sweeties inside. Your little bird is absolutely amazing LOVE his colours and such the perfect addition to your house.
Julie x
Debra K. said…
OH MY, Sally!!! When I thought your creations couldn't get any better you show us these. The house is absolutely fabulous, your card is really lovely but your bird, well, I just can't believe it's your first attempt at needle felting. It is fantastically wonderful!!!! What can't you make?! Debra x
Pat (mspfd) said…
Oh my gosh, gorgeous creations. You did a phenomenal job!