Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #173- Autumn


Hello, today sees the start of the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. Mary is hosting this challenge and would like to see your Autumn themed cards.

For my card I stamped a border of leaves from Hobby Art's 'Falling Leaves' stamp set onto water colour card with 'London Fog' Memento Ink.

I then painted the leaves with Winsor and Newton Cotman watercolours using only 'Prussian Blue', 'Alizarin Crimson' and 'Cadmium Yellow' before cutting them out.

I then painted some more leaves and cut them out to form the wreath.

The background was made with a wood grain embossing folder and Kraft card, which I then used some 'Walnut Stain' Distress Ink to ink over the embossed areas.

The sentiment is also a Hobby Art stamp and is from the 'Scene- it Sentiment' Set.

I hope you like my card and please check out my fellow DT's blogs as they have made some beautiful projects.

Thanks for stopping by.
   Sally.x.

Comments

Debra K. said…
What a wonderful Autumn card Sally! Beautiful painted leaves and you've created such a variety of colours of leaf with so few paint colours. The embossing looks lovely with the Walnut Stain on it. A really lovely card design. Debra x
Glenda Atkins said…
Fabulous make Sally and so much detail in the making. Your water colouring is fabulous and love the card design. You are very creative.
hugs
Glenda
Gorgeous card Sally. Sorry I'm a bit late getting round just been a bit busy. Happy crafty week, Angela x